First, I would like to say a special thank you to our friend Vihra Dincheva to have brought this recipe to Obenaus, and with whom we spent many hours in the kitchen finely rolling these nutritious crackers for the enjoyment of the community. Although this recipe is quite easy to make, it does require some time.
- Mix together all the dry seeds: 1 cup sunflower seeds, 1 cup sesame seeds, 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup flax seeds. You can of course experiement with any kind of seeds of your choice.
- Add 2 cups of corn flour to the seeds. Make sure to coat all the seeds.
- Add 1/2 cup of olive oil. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of very hot water. Mix well.
- Then, spread VERY thinly on a baking sheet on a tray, and sprinkle sea salt over if desired (Great Tip: It is easier to thin out the mix very finely by placing another baking sheet on top and using a roller to spread the dough).
- Put the large flat dough in the oven (without the top baking sheet) for 15-20 min at 200°C.
- When out of the oven, cut into cracker size of your choice, and let cool for 5 min.
- *You will most likely need to do several batches.
Enjoy modestly as it can easily disappear very quickly :)